The Beach Wrestling World Series takes the sport to the great beaches and impressive landmarks; it is close to the spectators and fans as much as it gives the world’s best athletes the chance to present themselves and their traditional sport in an atmospheric outdoor venue.
In accordance with its Constitution, United World Wrestling recognized Beach Wrestling as an integrant part of Wrestling in all its styles. Practiced as a promotional and educational discipline around the world in view of promoting their cultural and social values as well as protecting this world heritage upon which all modern wrestling styles are based.
Countless variations of traditional wrestling practiced on sand (referred to as “beach wrestling”) can be identified and they should all receive equal attention from the international community. The present rules offer a unified competition system that encompasses all major trends of beach wrestling and make the sport easy to understand by the spectators and media and easy to judge by the referees.
The introduction of the Beach Wrestling World Series in 2018 marked the beginning of a new era for the sport, presenting it in a new setting, focusing not only on high level sports but lifestyle, fan and spectator experience as well as entertainment.
the best beach wreslters
in the world!
- Levan Kelekhsashvili (GEO), 2019 Beach Wrestling World Champion 70kg, won all of his three showings at the World Series in 2019.
- Davit Khutsishvili (GEO), 2019 Beach Wrestling World Champion 80kg, won all of his three showings at the World Series in 2019.
- Dato Marsagishvili (GEO), 2019 Beach Wrestling World Champion 90kg, won all of his three showings at the World Series in 2019.
- With three golds and a bronze medal at the 2019 World Championships, Georgia was the most successful Beach Wrestling nation in the previous year.
- The Georgian trio of Kelekhsashvili (70kg), Khutsishvili (80kg) and Marsagishvili (90kg) secured the overall wins in 2019 and walked off with their world championships trophies after winning all three competitions in which they participated.